Skip to Questions

Ask A Librarian!


Where am I supposed to go to look for peer-reviewed articles?

Last Updated: Nov 20, 2015  |  17 Views
Topics: Research

Was this helpful? 0   0


You will need to visit the Library Homepage , scroll down to the black horizontal menu bar and click the databases tab.  Then you can select a subject area of databases to look at.  If you are doing general research you should click the Research Gateway link.  Once it opens you should look in the top right hand side of the screen and select either the Academic Search Premeir or ProQuest Link.  Once you open a database by clicking its link (either subject focused or general) look around for limiter boxes you can check or select.  Select ones that say either peer reviewed or scholarly.  This will then only show you results that fit your peer reviewed criteria.  Peer-reviewed and scholarly while slightly different are generally accepted to mean similar things in database searching.  

Try to use only a few words in each search box.  Also don't forget to use multiple synonyms for a given term. For example if you were looking for something related to College you could also use:  Post Secondary Education, University, Higher Education, Collegiate, etc.  

Answered by Lindsay MarlowBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    More Ways to Ask Questions!

    Live Chat

    Select the Chat button below to begin. Please email your question after hours.

    Related content from LibGuides

    Copyright 2012, University of South Dakota, University Libraries.
    Telephone: 605-677-5373
    Problems/Comments to Webmaster.